Friday, November 6, 2009

Phase 2...the BLOG

Hello my Metalsmithing friends!

I had an a-ha moment today as I was driving to work...I thought, "well, why don't I just start a blog for metalsmiths Unite!? " and then I immediately thought, "Why haven't I thought of this sooner?!!"

So here we go, into what I will now consider phase 2 of metalsmiths Unite- (not like any of this has been planned..) what I would like to do with this blog is have it here for
  1. interviews of Metalsmiths Unite! members
  2. MU member's reviews of books/shows/events about metalsmithing
  3. plus links to each other's blogs.
this project will certainly take some time to develop , but I think it is a good solution to dealing with the limitations of Facebook, therefore giving MU members a more developed and flexible forum to elaborate on discussions and introduce their work to the community.

within the next weeks I will be developing a blog post schedule- and will be introducing myself (who you already know) and the other support people that have helped me during the year and a half of Metalsmiths Unite's growth.

I'm really excited about the possibilities for this blog- and hope you are too-
please excuse the mess while I'm doing construction....I'll be careful not to make too much noise
:-)
Happy 'Smithing!
ciao-Maureen

4 comments:

  1. I like the blog idea much better. I don't go to fb for any reason. Very bad experience over there. But I will love to come here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a much better way to communicate with each other. I love FB but I find their groups etc. not so good. This is a good idea! Keep it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the blog. I am always interested in what folks are making.
    It is good for us to know that there are other smiths out there!

    ReplyDelete